Dota 2, a popular multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game, captivates players with its strategic depth and diverse hero roster. Developed by Valve Corporation, it emphasizes teamwork, skill, and tactical decision-making. The game’s competitive scene, featuring international tournaments, showcases the prowess of top players and adds to its global appeal.
Dota 2 has maintained its position as the second most-played game on Steam due to the developer’s regular effort to improve the game and today’s update is a step in that direction. Keep reading for Dota 2 Update – 1/8/2024 Patch Notes.
Dota 2 Update – 1/8/2024 Patch Notes
The patch rolled today is a hotfix update to resolve issues brought by the last event update such as the Frostivus 2023 Treasure Chest was missing unusual variants. Certain crash scenarios have also been targeted in the update. Here are the patch notes.
Some items from the Frostivus 2023 Treasure Chest were missing unusual variants. Those have been added. Over the next couple of days, unusual items from these sets that should have been dropped will be granted.
In addition, over the last few days we’ve addressed several gameplay issues:
- Fixed Frostivus wards not being selectable/attackable
- Fixed an issue where pinging certain items in quickbuy could cause the game to lag for teammates
- Fixed an issue where Arc Warden Tempest Doubles could gain gold by selling Midas
- Fixed Doom Devour Neutral abilities not leveling up automatically at the time when neutral abilities would scale
- Fixed Lina permanently gaining Fiery Soul stacks until she casts another spells if she was broken when supercharging with Laguna Blade
- Fixed Tiny Tree particle showing at the wrong time
- Fixed a rare server crash with motion controlled abilities (e.g. Spirit Breaker Charge of Darkness)
- Fixed an issue with Profile Showcase where items could appear floating before the rest of the hero loaded and fixed an issue with anchor points on ultrawide monitors
- Added missing descriptions for various recipes
- Fixed some bugs in the tutorials in the Learn tab caused by the 7.35 Gameplay Patch