DayZ just released a major hotfix update to address some of the ongoing issues with the game. One of the main things the update addressed was players getting stuck on the respawn dialogue. The update also patched a number of other issues with the game that you can read on the DayZ Update 1.22 Patch Notes (v1.22.156718) (Release on 19.09.2023). Here are the patch notes.
DayZ Update 1.22 Patch Notes (v1.22.156718) (Release on 19.09.2023)
The update has already rolled and the maintenance is over. So, you can download and play the updated version of the game right now. Make sure to reboot the Steam client if you fail to see the update. To further troubleshoot, you can reboot the PC and then check for the update. Here are the patch notes.
- A server without delayed respawn could result in players getting stuck in the respawn dialogue (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T175057, https://feedback.bistudio.com/T175151, https://feedback.bistudio.com/T175143, https://feedback.bistudio.com/T175193, https://feedback.bistudio.com/T175020, https://feedback.bistudio.com/T175143)
- Connecting certain electric systems could result in the disconnection of all items (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T175166)
- Shots could not be heard outside of the shooter’s network bubble
- Traps could be triggered right after their activation on a nearby player
- Fixed an exploit related to vehicles
- Shotgun pellets were not dealing full damage (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T175335)
- Reduced the amount of damage infected deal to clothing and players
- Fixed: Objects with skeleton (houses, items) would not draw in diag “Enfusion World > Show bodies”